2013年10月9日 星期三

UK - Afternoon Tea (By Dorothy)

  Along with the increasing demand of tea and the formation of afternoon tea culture, it seems that there are considerable tea-related expressions in Hong Kong. Recently, many people love going to the hotel or some western restaurant to enjoy the traditional afternoon tea, three-storey display have become more popular in our social network. 

  Frankly, afternoon tea involves things like manners, lace and dainty foods. It is typically served in the mid-afternoon and it was traditionally served on low tables. Historically, afternoon tea was considered to be a ladies' social occasion, and it is more often enjoyed by women than men to this day.

  Traditionally, high tea was a working class meal served on a high table at the end of the workday, shortly after five PM. It was a heavy meal of meat dishes (such as steak and kidney pie), fish dishes (such as pickled salmon), baked goods (such as crumpets or, in Ireland, barm brack), vegetables (such as potatoes or onion cakes), and other heavy foods (such as baked beans and cheesy casseroles).

High tea was much more of a working class family meal than it was an elite social gathering.



  
On my point of view, I think high tea is a kind of life style, it aims at gathering a group of like sitting around to talk instead of being a " show off tool "! To me, I love having a afternoon tea with my family when we are free^_^

                                                                           My Dad

1 則留言:

  1. Hello Dorothy, your post makes me hungry. I love having afternoon tea very much! Not because I love eating, although it is one of the reasons, but also because of its attractive appearance. Every snacks are in very small size so it seems that you can eat many different types of snacks! That's also another reason why I'm addicted on that;P

    回覆刪除